Ballet/Variety Dance Class
Ages 5 - 8
Ages 8 - 12
This class covers a basis of movement found in all dance forms. The goals of the class are to foster creativity, freedom and expression in movement, and a love for dance. The class includes concepts that are found in an older child’s dance class. These will prepare the students for the following year when they graduate to Ballet, Jazz, Hip-Hop, Lyrical or Tap classes. One or two creative or free components are also included within each class. By the end of the year the students can dance set work independent of the teacher, memorize simple exercises and sequences, and make a start of musical interpretation.
Our young Ballet/Variety dancers will:
- Ballet – improves posture, flexibility & stage presence
- Lyrical – combination of jazz & ballet
- Hip-Hop – popular & improvisational
- Tap – rhythms & Broadway styles
- Jazz – enhances grace & balance
Required Dance Wear for Ballet/Variety Dance Class:
- Short sleeve black body suit
- Ballet pink leggings or pink socks
- Gymnastic slippers or leather ballet slippers in pink or white
- Boys wear white tee-shirt, black shorts, and black ballet or gymnastic slippers
We have exciting and entertaining performances with our Ballet recital and our Jazz / Hip Hop recital. Call us today or stop by and you will see why more families in the Clifton Park area trust us for dance instruction each year over any other dance studio.
- 45 minute class
- 60 minute class
Note: All fees must be paid by pre-authorized debit at time of registration.
All tuition payments are made by and accepted by pre-authorized debit from bank or checking account only. Credit cards and cash are not accepted for individual in-person payments for classes each month.